So, today, I asked my (almost 4! next saturday! NOOOO! LOL) oldest daughter what number Psalm I should post. HAHA. She told me 57 🙂 So, here is your Sunday Psalm for the day. Psalm 57
Be merciful to me, O God, be merciful to me, for in you my soul takes refuge; in the shadow of your wings I will take refuge, till the storms of destruction pass by. 2 I cry out to God Most High, to God who fulfills his purpose for me. 3 He will send from heaven and save me; he will put to shame him who tramples on me. God will send out his steadfast love and his faithfulness! 4 My soul is in the midst of lions; I lie down amid fiery beasts— the children of man, whose teeth are spears and arrows, whose tongues are sharp swords. 5 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens! Let your glory be over all the earth! 6 They set a net for my steps; my soul was bowed down. They dug a pit in my way, but they have fallen into it themselves. 7 My heart is steadfast, O God, my heart is steadfast! I will sing and make melody! 8 Awake, my glory! Awake, O harp and lyre! I will awake the dawn! 9 I will give thanks to you, O Lord, among the peoples; I will sing praises to you among the nations. 10 For your steadfast love is great to the heavens, your faithfulness to the clouds. 11 Be exalted, O God, above the heavens! Let your glory be over all the earth!
I actually think Katie picked a lovely psalm! We CAN take refuge in our God. No matter WHAT our circumstance. We are in a trial of sorts right now, so I feel ike this psalm was so needed for me today. God bless my sweet girl. I am so thankful for my sweet, precious girls, except when the 22 month old decides to color on the walls or the wood floor, of the cozy coupe car 😉 hehe just kidding. In that case I am also thankful for sponges, magic erasers, windex etc. HA!
Here are some things I draw from this Psalm that gives me comfort. What about you?
1) We can rest in our BIG God… no matter the storm or trial (v 1)
2) God will always work things our in our life for HIS glory. He has a plan for us that we can be certain He will allow to come to be (v 2)
3) He will give justice to those who need it. We don’t have to worry about it! He is the judge. Those who hurt us, God will speak to. We dont need to seek revenge (v3)
4) God is God over ALL creation. His glory is AMAZING and infinate. He is a BIG God, therefore He can do ALL things, SEE all things, and is with us wherever we go (v 5)
5) We need to praise God, be thankful, and trust, even in times of trial or pain (v 6)
6) His love is EVERLASTING! He is a FAITHFUL God. He will NEVER. EVER. Let us down (v 10)