So, its been a few days since I have written. since I am trying to do better at writing more often, sometimes I have to get creative about what to write about….SO! I will write about my favorite times of day 🙂
1) I love when I first wake up, ok maybe not when I FIRST wake up, as I tend to be a bit groggy haha. So, maybe after a cup (or 2 or 3 haha) of coffee is more what Im talking about 😛 BUT I do like waking up to a new day. I love seeing my sweet smiling, and giggly, girls as I get them from their beds. I love waking up to my handsome husband all dressed sexy and ready for work 🙂 I love having a new start, FRESH start. NEW mercies!
“The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; his mercies never come to an end they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.” Lamentations 3:22-23
2) I love breakfast time, and the first hour of my day. Holly is still asleep, so I get some one on one time with Katie. Its our special time to laugh, joke, be silly 🙂 BUT then the fun REALLY begins when Holly wakes up 😉 that little smiling bundle of energy can brighten even the DARKEST of rooms. I LOVE seeing those girls play together! If Katie is having a rough day, its so amazing to see how my little 11 month old baby girl can make katie smile and laugh 🙂 LOVE IT!
“Behold, children are a heritage from the LORD, the fruit of the womb a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior are the children of one’s youth. Blessed is the man who fills his quiver with them! He shall not be put to shame when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.” Psalms 127:3-5
3) I love the days we run errands together. CHEESY. I KNOW. Sometimes, I admit, I get nervous thinking abotu getting the kids out the door, or dont feel like getting them out, etc… but I am always glad when I do! Katie and Holly are just both so observant! I love pointing things out to them. I love teaching Katie new things. Like the word “experiment” or “observation” – she loves science and nature and love telling me things god has made and how beautiful they are. I am a science major, so each morning we have a little “experiment” haha. I love when we are out and she sees things I dont’even see. I love watching Holly interract with her sister and try to contort her body all the way around just to get a glimpse of her big sister. I love being able to teach them about God’s word and God’s love no matter where we are…whether it be Wal-Mart, Target, the mall, playground, barnes and noble, library, even the doctor, lol. Its so cool!!! Call me lame, lol, I know 😉
“Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it.” Proverbs 22:6 ESV
“You shall teach them diligently to your children, and shall talk of them when you sit in your house, and when you walk by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise.” Deuteronomy 6:7
4) I love naptime (same goes for bedtime), but not for the reason one may think. I LOVE snuggling my girls. I LOVE rocking them. I LOVE watching their little eyes get heavy. Katie is getting big so fast and so is Holly. Katie is getting more independent, and I can already tell Holly is the type to WANT to be, so I just LOVE holding their little warm bodies rocking them to drowsiness, because I know they need me. They melt into me and me into them. They hold me, and have their little hands on my chest or their little heads tucked under my arm or on my shoulder. they are at peace. PERFECT peace. What a PERFECT picture of life in Christ. They are so dependent on us, no matter HOW much it may seem they “aren’t” or dont “want to be” They have complete faith in us. Its a perfect picture of “child like faith” – dont get me wrong, some days the break alone is nice too, but that really isn’t the reason I love naptime/bedtime 🙂 in fact, I may seem odd, but I kind of miss my girlies when they are sleeping! In fact, last night, I had the strong urge to go in, after they were asleep, and just hold them 😉 I didn’t though, I know they both need their space to sleep…but I came close! 😉
“He called a little child to him, and placed the child among them. And he said: “Truly I tell you, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever takes the lowly position of this child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven. And whoever welcomes one such child in my name welcomes me.” Matthew 18:2-5
“And they were bringing children to him that he might touch them, and the disciples rebuked them. But when Jesus saw it, he was indignant and said to them, “Let the children come to me; do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God. Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it.” And he took them in his arms and blessed them, laying his hands on them.” Mark 10:13-16
5) I love when “daddy” comes home. I love being a family. I MISS my husband when he is at work 🙂 is that silly!? I love when the girls scream DADDY!!!! ok well katie screams it and runs to him laughing excitedly and gives him a big hug. I love seeing andrew scoop her up in his arms and kiss her little cheeks. Holly says DADA and starts giggling, probably because she hears her big sister giggle, but she knows daddy’s home too. She will try and walk to him, then fall, then RUN crawl to him, her little hands pitter pattering so fiercly on the wood floor haha. SO CUTE 🙂 Andrew is such a wonderful father. He is loving to the girls, AND to me. I love having him come home. I love when he explains to the girls he needs to hug me first 😉 they LOVE seeing their mommy and daddy hug and Katie squeals with delight when andrew gives me a sweet kiss on the cheek or lips 🙂
“As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear him” Psalm 103:13
6) another time of day I love and treasure, that comes because of bedtime, is my time with my husband. I know we need to nuture that time. I know that now Andrew is my first earthly priority as my husband. I think when 2 people are married with kids, it is definitely important for the kids to see that. Andrew and I are not perfect by any means. I snap too much. I know I probably nag too much. Ok. I KNOW I nag too much…but I still love him. I hope that Katie and Holly can clearly see that. If they can’t, I am doing something dreadfully wrong. I think when kids see their parents are in love and getting along, it makes them less anxious. The times I mess up, or yell, or snap at andrew, i can see that Katie gets really nervous and anxious. The bible has so many things on marriage and its relationship…too many to go into on here. If you want to read more, start here…
“That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.” Genesis 2:24
Ok, so I guess really this is pretty much ALL times of day that I love! BUT what can I say!? I can’t help it! I am incredibly blessed. I love my husband and my children. I am so thankful to the Lord for giving them to me. I am so underserving! I guess the only time of day I hate is twilight. I know I know, I am wierd. But for some reason I dont like when its too dark to see without a light, but to light for the lamp to really make a difference haha 😉 ok so there, theres a time of day I dont like 😉 But even then, its all good when my sweet giggly girls are near and my loving husband is next to me…even the scary annoying twilight seems less annoying 😛